Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Back in the Groove Thing

I have participated in JunkStock both times that it has been out there.  I am anxious to give it a go again.  This is a really unique art fair.  It encompasses a broad range of items from flea market finds to flips.  I fall into the later category with my junque.  I love to find old furniture and make it fun and whimsical with my own touch.

 I generally stick to the basics for my goodies because the intricate painted pieces take too much time, those I save for my customer commission work.  I cut off my customer requests on May 1st so I can busy myself preparing my inventory.  I have sporadic pieces that I do in between customer's work, but I am rolling now.  I finished several pieces today, crazy thing is I have already sold 4 of them just through my facebook posted photos.

 One of the biggest monstrosities that I tackled today was an old oak desk.  Huge & Heavy in all of it's glory.  I used Annie Sloan's Old Ochre to make the transformation.  I love the end result.  I sold it within 10 minutes of posting it's photo.  I am also thrilled with the look of a little side table I had fun with in Go BIG Red. 
 Today's high was 96 degrees.  I love the heat, so painting outside, catching rays, listening to tunes, and doing what I know, Thank the good Lord above for all I am blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment