Monday, June 22, 2009

Update!

Calgon take me away!!!! Each day creeps up on me. I am setting a tentative soft opening date of August the 18th. I will give up the address next week. I have had a couple of people ask if this will be children's clothing only and the answer is yes, sort of. I may throw a couple of adult things in here and there, but I really want to focus on the kids! Also, it will be located in Glenwood on the square. Remember, this is not too far from Omaha. Have wheels, will travel. I will be willing to pay 30% of what I sell the items for at retail. For example, if you should bring in some awesome high quality clothing worn by your little one and I sell it all for $100 within the store, I will write you a check for $30. This is a no hassle way to do business. I am planning on Mondays as a shop day for me. If you cannot make it to the store, I may come to your home to pick items up. Think about that one folks!
Anyway, here is the latest: I have an awesome friend that helped me buy my computer and software systems online. He saved me a load of cash, keeping me under my budget (I like this), and he helped teach me a couple of things, God knows that this brain needs all of the help it can get. I sign the lease next week and Glenwood State Bank gave me the thumbs up for backing. Next order of business, a sign and logo. Thanks for all the well wishes, pack your boxes full of clothes. I will start taking them about 2 weeks prior to opening!

7 comments:

  1. are u interested in high quality baby gear as well??
    ie high chairs, cribs, strollers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going that route because of all of the government regulations that prohibit the sell of toys and equipment on a re-sale basis. My insurance won't cover if anything should happen. What I can do once my store is open, is take your information and photos and post them in the store and have customers contact you directly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey honey, I just wanted to check in say YOU ROCK! You have unmatched style and terrific ideas to make your store soar. Patrons will love what the see, enjoy the charming staff and atmosphere. I cannot wait 'til Aug 18th. Go Get 'em.

    Later,
    Craigger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie Second Helpings Boutique OwnerJune 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM

    Thanks for the support, yours is the support I need the most because the stress and craziness will fall on your shoulders! I am glad you are working out, the bigger the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Steph, my neighbor knits adorable little baby hats. Currently she has about 70 made. She is going to donate some to Mercy's NICU - but would you be interested? I can take some photos to send to you. She has all different styles, some just regular like they put on them in the nursery, but she has a lot of cute ones in all sorts of styles and colors.

    Gina Penn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to have photos of the hats, I have another girlfriend that is hoping to make some cute shift dresses for girls and jams for kids that I would put in the store. I have to iron out the details on how to adjust pricing for new items. But we can discuss that one on one. Hope all finds you well and Happy Birthday Miss Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Steph, best of luck, I know you will make whatever you do work. I will let my brother and his wife know, they should be a never-ending source of sellables right there in Glenwood. Take care and good luck!
    Wade

    ReplyDelete