Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Don't Hate Me Because I am Ugly"

So I was watching the Today show this morning and they were talking about this gal that wrote an article about herself. You may ask why would that be unusual? Her article centered around the fact that she is sooooooooo beautiful, other women hate her and don't want to be friends with her. I just found that very entertaining. I am not going to judge her beauty, as really it makes no difference to me one way or another, as for hating her, I rarely hate anyone and especially someone I don't even know. What I did gather, is that upon seeing her, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, check out the article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html?ito=feeds-newsxml.
My point is this, it can go the other way, especially in my business. People look at things and think they are so ugly that they cannot possibly be loved or cherished. That is where I like to swoop in and re-fabulize it just so it can be beautiful. Remember that shelf that had the country chickens painted upon it???? Why does it need to go to the burn pile? It can be repainted, cut apart, embellished, etc. to become glorious again. Let's not jump to conclusions, let your creativity flow, or if that is not your strong suit, let mine flow for you. I will include a before and after, an ugly duckling to a swan, see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment