Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Second Helpings is Flourishing In Its New Form

Taking the road less traveled with Second Helpings is proving to be eventful. The old cliche rings true to form, "one door closes, another opens." In this case many doors have opened. I fully intended on "refabulizing" all those goodies I have bought off the swap sites and thrift stores. However, customers have monopolized my business, so the goodies sit. This is NOT a complaint, just a stated fact. I have had some incredible finds brought to me to re-purpose in new and crazy ways!!!!! It is so fun to dig and find some inspiration to give the process a kick start. Take a look at this table. A little flower on a piece of fabric made this table into this beauty!
I continue to list my re-creations on my FB page. These little posted photos have shown others what my capabilities are. One of my favorite pieces was this fun painting I did for Miss Katy. She gave me the freedom to create whatever I wanted with no direction. This made me a bit nervous, of course one could go in any direction with complete freedom ~ "Does she want a basketball, flowers, or God forbid a nude?" I mean free reign could propagate any shape or form. I went with my natural love for whimsical Flowers & Birds. Take a looksie at the final result!
Another customer is expecting this summer. She has a passion and love for Hawaii and has decided to decorate baby girl's room with this in mind. I had a couple of old school house chairs that she requested me paint. Some say "ta da" here you go, I say "aloha" here you go:
This is just the beginning. I have created a file with names of interested parties. Excited to pick up a buffet this week. Oh so much fun to think how I will redesign that baby to inspire a new look for the dining area. After that a "time out" chair. I will have to post that one for sure. I mean if you are going to set your little one in time out, you should definitely do it with style! Items are being posted to my etsy shop as I complete them. Continue to check in every so often to see what is new and fresh. Take a look at your own garage sale piles ~ "junque" is my treasure!!!! Click Here to shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopSecondHelpings

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to Blogger, Stephanie! Can't wait to hear and see about more of your adventures and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you... you are such an awesome and talented lady! Enjoy this new adventure; and I hope to have some pieces for you to do for our home or restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I am loving the adventure. Folks have been very supportive of my work. Looking forward to doing more!

    ReplyDelete