Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Junkstock Bound

It is that time again...Junkstock Time.  What is this, you may ask?  Quite possibly heaven on earth for folks like me.  This is a venue where the old becomes new and loved again.  I am busy preparing my goodies....

Both large and small.  Most of my bigger pieces are done and behind me, now it is me sifting through the piles to find the little fillers.  Amazingly, the little gizmos and gadgets go as well as the big ones.  This season, I painted up more than 20 picture frames.  I love a frame collage as much as the next person.  Funny thing is... when someone wants to get rid of old frames, I tend to find them on my doorstep!

Today I completed one of my fav's!  OK, I have to admit that my fav's change with the direction of the wind.  This particular dresser is of the French Provincial kind, the most fun for me to get creative with when adding color.  I went with Old Ochre and Aubusson Blue by Annie Sloan.  I shabbied it up with a  little brown shoe polish and some walnut stain.  The end result is just fanciful.  It would be darling as a side table or an addition in a bedroom.  Love Love Love it!


The show is just a little over 2 weeks away.  I love the hubbub, live music, and most of all the people.  I am anxious to show what I have and see what the other artisans have as well.  Sometimes I have to come home and move stuff around, just so I can bring home new found treasure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment