Monday, August 3, 2009

Hangers, Hangers, and More Hangers

We are trying to wrap up the remodel. Our faithful crew has laid the floor, done the required electrical work, and built the dressing room. They are making the cash register stand at home and bringing it in this week. At least I hope so, because I have to shabby chic it!!!! In the mean time, Craig's List has come in handy to purchase some furniture. I have the most incredible cabinet in my posession, I have finished chicking 3 sides, once we move it, I will finish the fourth. It is full of color and attitude, much like myself. I have gone through over a 1,000 hangers and have to purchase more. I believe this to be a good thing because the store will be fully stocked when we open and I will have a good supply of backstock to refill. It has been sooooo much fun opening the boxes to see what sort of treasures await. Of course, I am especially drawn to the girlie girl stuff since I get to buy my fair share of masculine clothing. I have many books, keep in mind that rather than sell books, I will operate a trade system. You bring in a book, and you can take one of mine, so the kiddos that wait while parents shop have some fun books to read and look at.

This week my niece, Abbey, is staying with us to help me out with the shop, or the boys. We intend on hitting a few thrift stores to find some decorations to fill in the gaps. She has an eye for fashion as well. I imagine we will also fit in a pedi so we can relieve our stress from all of that shopping.

Friends and family continue to be very supportive, if I haven't said thank-you, consider this a huge shout out!

Remember, August 27th is the Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting at 9:30 am. I would love to see some familiar faces. We will have some goodies to munch on and a shop full of clothes to buy. I will also have a couple of drawings for some lovely prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment