Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Open!

I had my first unofficial day and it was a great success! I have not advertised and I still had dedicated shoppers! I thought the soft opening would give me the opportunity to iron out some kinks! I will admit there were a few! I am a creative thinker, not a technological thinker so a couple of minor issues with the computer through me into a frenzy. I made it through, thanks to some help from my IT friend Bill and the patience of my customers that I was not able to hand a receipt to because my printer was giving me grief. Who knew you had to set certain printers to default. Why they cannot do what I need them to with just the click of a mouse, is beyond me. Some computer guru needs to come up with computers that read minds and do what they are supposed to no matter how learning disabled the user is! Currently, I am popping at the seams with products. I am actually going to have to start turning away the goods until I can get some of this product out of here. It does not mean that I won't take them at a later date, I just have limited storage and backstock space. My poor living room is currently full of backstock. If you know me, I like a tidy space so the fact that my floor is full of tubs of clothing is making me crazy! Come on in and buy some goodies, then I can take more goodies off your hands! Grand Opening continues to be next Thursday the 27th at 9:30. Come one, come all!

3 comments:

  1. We're so proud of you!!! The boutique is darling! Of course, you do have a knack for decorating. You're really lucky to have a husband who digs right in to help. You're both amazing! We love you! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Stephanie! I wish I could be there to shop. You do know where you got your shopping gene, don't you? I hear the shop is darling and I can't wait to see it!
    Take time to breathe!!!!
    Love, Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mom and Aunt Carol. Either I am really tired or really touched because reading what you all wrote makes me weepy. I am loving it, this is right up my alley and the feedback thus far, has been fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete